The Galactosaemia Support Group is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you.
1. Data protection principles
The GSG is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR –
- The information we obtain will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals.
- It is collected for specific and legitimate purposes.
- We will not sell, rent or exchange your personal information for commercial purposes.
- The information will never be shared with a third party without further consent from the individual concerned.
- The data will be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary.
- The individual can request to withdraw consent and be removed from our database by contacting the GSG.
2. General provisions
- This policy applies to all personal data processed by the GSG.
3. Lawful, fair and transparent processing
- Individuals have the right to access their personal data and any such requests made to the GSG shall be dealt with in a timely manner.
4. Lawful purposes
- All data processed by the GSG will be done on the lawful basis of consent.
5. Data minimisation
- The GSG shall ensure that personal data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The GSG shall take reasonable steps to ensure personal data is accurate.
7. Archiving / removal
- The GSG shall ensure that personal data is kept for no longer than necessary and archived securely in accordance with GDPR ruling.
- Unused and out of date data will be securely disposed of.
- The GSG shall ensure that personal data is stored securely and accessed only by those authorised to do so.
This information is available to download via PDF [80kb]. To download the PDF GSG GDPR click here.